Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT)
The Florida Department of Transportation is one of our most long-standing client; ASD has proudly provided services and performed various projects for DOT since 1979!
We provide CADD Application Support Specialists for development, production support, and user training of the CADD software applications used by FDOT and consultant engineers statewide. These Specialists have extensive knowledge of Department procedures, guidelines, and applications relating to the practice of engineering and production of construction plans using CADD tools. ASD provides support for the core Engineering / CADD applications based upon Bentley System Inc.’s MicroStation graphics software product.
ASD has performed several projects for the Florida Department of Transportation (DOT) including:
- Windows Server Consolidation
- Windows Desktop Project Coordination
- Web Development
- IT Staffing
- Implementation of an Electronic Document Management System for the State Safety Office
- Electronic Filing Management System (EDMS) for the Fuller Warren Bridge Project; Quality Control and Updating of DOT Training Manuals for MicroStation and Geopak with report setups utilizing Crystal Reports
- Tolls Data Center Study and Survey for Recommendations for Changes
- Roadway Characteristics Inventory (RCI) Safety Node and Accident system development including:
- Analysis and Identification of Hazardous Accident Locations
- Accident Analysis and Reporting System
Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART)
ASD has been supporting the Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority (HART) since 2010 via IT Infrastructure, Help Desk, and ERP implementation services. HART reached out to ASD in a time of struggle with their IT infrastructure based on malfunctioning network hardware as well as challenges with their Windows Server and Exchange 2010 environment. As a Microsoft partner, ASD was able to support HART on an application, system, and hardware layer to ensure uptime of mission critical systems such as email.
Teamwork with HART
ASD provided help desk supervision and leadership in addition to technician resources to support the growing demand of help desk tickets at HART. Through a team effort with HART employees and an alignment to ASD help desk practices, which included a transformation to a metrics driven help desk environment and climate, ASD was able to improve the customer perception of the IS department which resulted in accolades and appreciation for the team.